DACA is Back

As of December 7th, 2020 the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) is now accepting: 

  1. First Time requests for consideration for DACA.
  2. Accepting DACA renewal requests
  3. Accepting applications for advance parole documents. 

All based on the terms of the DACA policy prior to September 5, 2017, and in accordance with the Court’s December 4, 2020, order


One-year grants of deferred action under DACA will be extended to two years

One-year employment authorization documents under DACA will be extended to two years


You can apply if:

  1. You were under the age of 31 as of June 15, 2012 
  2. You came to the United States before reaching your 16th birthday 
  3. You have continuously lived in the United States since June 15, 2012 (without leaving the country) 
  4. You were physically present in the United States on June 15, 2012, and at the time of making your request for consideration 
  5. Had no lawful status (living undocumented) on June 15, 2012 
  6. Are at least 15 years old at the time of submitting the request 
  7. Are currently in school , have graduated or obtained a general education development (GED) certificate, or are an honorably discharged veteran of the Coast Guard or Armed Forces of the United States 
  8. Have never:
    1. Either as an adult or as a juvenile been arrested for a felony or some misdemeanors.  This does not include most traffic violations except DUIs.
    2. Been part of a gang
      Been accused of being involved in activity that threatens the United States (like terrorism or spying)


***Those who have been stopped, detained, or arrested buy immigration officials should definitely speak with an attorney prior to submitting their application.**

Documents You'll Need

For identification and age

  • Certified copy of birth certificate (with translation if not in English) 
  • Copy of birth certificate (if not certified copy is available) 
  • Copy of valid passport
  • Copy of expired passport (must submit additional form of ID) 
  • Copy of valid consular ID card or copy of expired consular ID card 
  • Copy of valid school ID or Copy of expired school ID 
  • Copy of photo ID documents issued by DHS 
  • Any other official photo

For education evidence

  • Copy of report cards 
  • Copy of high school diploma or certificate of completion 
  • Copy of proof of enrollment in GED program or other educational program 
  • Copy of school transcripts (no sealed transcripts are necessary as long as they are official) 
  • Copy of GED certificate 
  • Copy of military records 
  • Copy of report cards 

Proof of Residency

You’ll need documents that proof three things: 

  1. That you arrived in the United states before the age of 16
  2. You have continiously lived in the US since June 15th, 2007 
  3. You were present in the United States on June 15th, 2012 

Documents You Can Use

– Copy of complete school records 

– Copy of medical records (includding vaccination records) 

– Copy of financial records (including bank statements/checks, rent, utility or credit card bills) 

– Copy of employment records (including tax returns, pay stubs) 

– Copy of military records

– Copy of other records (cell phone records, sports or academic club records, union records, church records: baptism, communion, or confirmation records) 

– Copy of community service documentation 

– An affidavit (must submit additional supporting evidence) 

– Passport with admission stamp 

– Form I-94/I-95/I-94W 

– Any immigration and naturalization service or DHS document stating your day of entry (Form I-862, Notice to Appear) 

– Travel records, passport entries 

– Copies of money order receipts for money sent in or out of the country 

– Birth certificates of children born in the US 

– Automobile license receipts or registration 

– Deeds, mortages, rental agreement contracts 

– Tax receipts, insurance policies 

Application Forms You Will Need To Fill Out

There are 4 forms that you’ll need to fill out for your application. 

  1. I-821D: Consideration of Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals
  2. I-765: Application for Employment Authorization
  3. I-765WS: Form I-765 Worksheet
  4. G-1145: e-Notification of Application/ Petition Acceptance

You can always fill out the application electronically and print it out of you do not think your handwriting is illegible. 

Once you have filled out the application:

  1. Click on the print icon at the top right of the document (or Windows: ctrl + P | MAC: Command + P
  2. Under the “Printer” or “Destination” options, you’ll select “Save as pdf”
  3. Save the file in a safe folder in your device

Please be aware that there are times the pdf does not save all the responses (ex: options you have selected/checked) and its highly encouraged to review the application multiple times before sending it in. 

Additional Documents To Include In Your Application

Passport photos

You will need to include 2 passport photos with your application.

You can get passport photos from different locations, look for the nearest locations to you. Here are three options:

  1. Walgreen
  2. CVS
  3. UPS

Money order

You will need a $495 money order made out to “US department of Homeland Security.”

** Do NOT Abbreviate the Name **

You can get a money orders at:

  • US postal Postal Services 
  • Currency Exchange 
  • Western Union 
  • Your Bank 
  • Walmart 
  • Pharmacies (CVS)

**Note: some locations charge a fee for the money order**

** Do This Last & Don Not Leave the “Pay To” Section Blank **

Final Steps

1. Make sure you have a copy of your full application for any future use or reference 

2. It strongly suggested that you have a lawyer review your application and/or your specific case before you submit anything.

3. Send your application to the following address: 

USCIS Chicago Lockbox Facility 


P.O. Box 5757 

Chicago, IL 60680-5757